Every blogger and her uncle, it seems, is posting New Year's Resolutions today. Lose weight, be more organized, pay more attention to your kids? Ah, you foolish, foolish souls...why would you set yourselves up for failure like that?
For the coming year, I firmly resolve to...
- Maintain my current (over)weight.
- Studiously ignore my children at least 2 hours every day
- Make sure to have a minimum of 10 knitting projects started at all times, with fully half of them not findable at any given moment. Finish projects only when absolutely necessary.
- Take thousands more pictures, but only edit a minimal number (say, when a small child asks, "What does Grandma look like again?")
- Breathe loudly near my teen daughter. She likes that.
- Refuse to number lists properly. If Blogger wants me to count to 4 and then start over again, who am I to argue?
- Waste time blogging.
My motto this year: Success is mine in 2009.
Tweet Pin It