Friday, October 08, 2010

7 Quick Takes: Problems


The problem with reading everyone's blogs is that I lose the will to post to my own.  You're sapping my creativity, all of you.  Also?  You're making me realize I don't have a single original idea in my brain.

********

The problem with being able to do things I couldn't have even dreamed of 10 years ago - like, say, uploading images to a personal blog post - is that now these things take too long.  People, I had to wait 5 whole seconds for that 7 Quick Takes icon up there to load.  Doesn't the Internet know that I AM A BUSY PERSON?

********

The problem with being a tad OCD-ish is that I have to make sure that there are an equal number of asterisks between each of these pearls of wisdom.  Nothing I can't live with, but still...

********

The problem with having a husband who made me promise not to post anything here that I wouldn't want every single person in the whole wide world to read? Is that I can't post some really good stuff.  Funny stuff.  Damn.

********

Sigh - the artist in me is so misunderstood.  My creativity feels stifled.

********

Censorship is evil.

********

The problem with complaining online is that no one can hear you scream.
 





Except Jennifer, over at ConversionDiary - she hears me.  Don't you, Jennifer?  Jennifer?

15 comments:

  1. This is the funniest blog I've read all day!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one! And ya' know they made this cool copy and paste feature for OCD types..

    The problem with reading your blog is...oh, wait. There is no problem with reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! I love the 5-second picture upload complaint. I remember back when AOL and dial-up were all we had, and you didn't DARE try to upload a picture without permission because it tied up the phone line! Ahh, how times do change...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problems, except that your blog is always funnier than mine. It took me 10 minutes to choose a picture for Friday's post. Please tell me you copied your first set of asterisks and pasted them between each set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help you with everything, but please follow Karen's advice on the asterisks and just cut and paste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those wacky, paranoid husbands too. He always rains on my blogging parade/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a really good idea for a blog post, I need to hurry and finish it so I can post it before someone else writes about the same thing, first, because I don't want to look like I'm copying.
    I'm not able to post some really funny stuff also. Maybe I'll just email you. I'm sure you would get a kick out of it.
    OR, you can post my funny stuff, adn I can post yours?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not Jennifer over at ConversionDiary, but I'm A Jennifer and I heard you scream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you!!

    My husband is Mr. No-Fun too. If it were up to me I'd post tons of pictures of our kids, tell the REAL stories about my mother-in-law and maybe post our home address and my social security number, just in case anyone needs it -- with a request that people please not misuse it. We can trust the internet, right? Anyway, my husband is against all of this. Weird.

    I'm right there with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! (I posted about that mouse anyway.) Re the *, can you just eyeball them or do you have to count? I eyeball them, well, like you would a kid who's trying to pull something as soon as you turn your head but you darn well know it so you catch them in the act. Back, you *, back, stay in line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Larry. LARRY. It's called the first amendment, Larry. Sheesh.

    There are certain familial dramas which are hands off around here too.

    The things we do for love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent points--especially #1. My blog was much funnier before I started reading others. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you need to start posting the funny stories about your "neighbors." Wink.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm. Did you know, you don't actually have to upload the icon each time? If you've posted it once, you can just link to it on all subsequent posts. Saves entire seconds on the upload!

    ReplyDelete