Friday, October 22, 2010

Disappointment

The most beautiful October weekend ever in the history of the world is approaching - temps in the low 70's, blue skies, fresh fall breezes.  So, naturally, I am coming down with some horrible upper-respiratory scourge that has already made the rounds of my friends' families.  But hey, who needs to take invigorating walks with the children and  frolic through piles of freshly-fallen leaves when she can sit inside popping Sudafed and rubbing her nose raw with generic Kleenex?  Not me.

Enjoy the weather, y'all.  No, really...I don't mind...

10 comments:

  1. Can you at least prop your aching body up next to a picture window?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, c'mon you. Get out there and wallow weakly in a pile of leaves until someone comes to pull you out.

    Oh, and your last post, I do not blame you. The amount of time I spend wild-eyed and panicky while preparing a trip with just the two toddlers is . . . unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, sweetie! Drink a cup of tea on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are too sick to enjoy the spectacular view : ) happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. The very mention of upper respitory issues makes me sad for you. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot tea with lemon and sugar while sitting next to a small fire in the wood stove usually makes me feel better..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only the redwoods get that tall around here, and they're nowhere when it comes to fall colors. Boy does your photo make me homesick! You get better soon so you can get out there and enjoy! (Totally selfish--I want me more of them thar pictures.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally sympathize -- I spent all of last week like that. :(
    I hope you got out to enjoy the gorgeous view, if only for a few minutes. I spent my Saturday (day and night and into the wee hours of Sunday) with the marching band, so most of what I saw was either on the school bus (2 hours each way) or in the stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That particularly feels bitter when the weather is picture-perfect.

    ReplyDelete