Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My Brain Is Empty

Today I got more visitors to this site than I ever have before. Which means, I'm more popular when I don't post....I think. Oh, well.

Nothing of note happened today. Anna was pleasant (well, that is somewhat remarkable, now isn't it?), Theo made latkes, Rachel fell asleep before dinner, Susie wet my bed (as usual) because I forgot to put her diaper on her (as usual), and David had fun flying a kite he made out of fishing line and a plastic grocery bag (it was a tad windy here today). He looked rather pathetic, like a poster child for a Toys for Tots campaign.

I'm starting on my annual schizo December breakdown - what with Chanukah, St. Nicholas Day, Chanukah, Christmas pageants and parties, flute recitals, Chanukah (some holidays overstay their welcome), Christmas tree decorating, and gingerbread house construction, I turn into a snarling, Grinch-type creature by the morning of the 25th. It ain't pretty. When did the holidays turn into an endurance test, anyway?

No funnies here tonight, folks. Too tired. Go on over to humor-blogs.com for some laughs instead. Tell 'em I sent ya.

12 comments:

  1. joining you on the empty brain bench and the overwhelmed with holiday stuff one too.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visitors and comments are what makes it all worthwhile!

    Cheers

    Something peculiar has happened to blogger comments so just for now, this is my calling card "Whittereronautism"so we can find each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even on your off days, you're still funny. Put your feet up and pretend it's not the holidays...it works for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trouble with holiday is - when your life is already extremely busy and then you are expected to add 15 parties, gifts for 20, six dozen frosted sugar cookies, three children's holiday recitals, the tree, the white elephant gift for the hubby, yadayadayada - it is ummm how do you say... OVERWHELMING.

    Oh yeah and we have five family birthdays in the next 10 days.

    ACCCKKKKK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you need a cup of tea . . . or, if you'd like, I make a great cappuccino! Hope today is better! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're great even on an "off" day! "..tell em I sent ya!" I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a typicall day at our house!! Wet beds and all. Don't you just love Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even on your "brain is empty" days you're funny. :)

    I loved the "He looked rather pathetic, like a poster child for a Toys for Tots campaign" I was ROFL!!!!!

    Hope you got some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh heh heh Way to up your humorblogs ranking :>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Chanukah! We gave up Christmas when my hubby converted to Judaism, but before that I made myself crazy. The eight crazy nights are enough for me! Not sure how you're doing it...Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the image of the plastic bag kite was pretty darn funny! Sort of Charlie Brownesque-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those are alot of holidays. What is St. Nicholas Day anyway?

    ReplyDelete