Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ac-cen-tuate The Positive



Exhibit A of How We Are Our Own Worst Enemies:


Me, talking to a friend at the pool this afternoon:  I feel bad because I didn't have presents ready for my 16-year-old's birthday today.  And no birthday cake!  All I did this morning was bake 72 cupcakes for him to bring to his meeting tonight.

Friend:  Well, I think baking 72 cupcakes counts for something, doesn't it?

Me:  Oh.  Yeah, I guess it does.




So I guess the glass was half full, after all...

5 comments:

  1. Full of cupcakes. (Now that's a hell of a glass!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 12, 2013

    Uh, YEAH. That's more than SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 72 cupcakes is a monumental gift. Criminy, that's 6 dozen cupcakes.

    Great song! It feels good to start the day with some Aretha Franklin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter made her own birthday cake one year. That year, I didn't even get a glass . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Six Dozen Cupcakes! That's nothing to sniff at!

    ReplyDelete