Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weird

Yup - that sums it up.
I had a really nice day today, for no reason.  I mean, nothing special happened.  I'm thinking that maybe the endorphins from exercise really can make a person happier.  My healthy friend took me on a 4 1/2-mile forced hike this morning, and the rest of the day felt quite pleasant.  But maybe it's just the contrast.  After all, if you are banging your head on the wall, it feels pretty good to stop, right?

So I took Susie and Rachel to the pool for Susie's swim lesson, and I swam 4 laps myself (MORE EXERCISE) and then I lay in the sun and read a book and felt content.  After that, I took the girls out to lunch, just because, and we picked up a few groceries, and no one whined and nothing was stressful.  JUST LIKE OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES.  I even made the girls weed for 15 minutes with me, and it wasn't the end of the world. I don't know, the whole day went like that.  It was weird.  I mean, what the heck am I supposed to blog about?

David comes home tomorrow; so maybe then, with his technical expertise handy,  I will be able to show you my Amazon birthday purchases and talk about the books.  I know!  The excitement is just overwhelming, right?  Contented people are pretty darn boring.


[Smiley image: Zazzle]

6 comments:

  1. I've moved from walking in the mornings to running--2 1/2 miles. I think I'm going to sign up for a 5K in August. I'm starting pilates/kickboxing next week at my kids' karate studio. It's all about my mental health...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contentment = boring....maybe that's why I don't keep up my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you and are strangely aligned. I have been feeling content myself these days. Maybe it's the acceptance that, yep, I'm getting old and I'll just have to make the best of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 01, 2013

    Aren't days like those just so lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contentment is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete